Sunday, April 26, 2009

And it Begins


I've been sitting on the sidelines for the past couple of years watching and reading different blogs, all the while thinking to myself 'what would I have to offer the blogging world if I started my own blog?'. I haven't been able to come up with a good answer, until today, when all of the sudden the flip was switched and the light came on. So what is it that I feel I have to offer the online community? Well, my expertise of course. What would that be, you may ask? Appliances. Yes, that's right, I know more about appliances than Santana knows about a guitar - and that's saying a lot. I eat, sleep and live appliances. I sell them, use them, replace them, fix them, order them, and about anything else you can do with an appliance.

I have the inside scoop on what's hot and what's not. What the manufacturers are trying to push or let go away. What brands back their products and make it easy on the retailer to service the consumer and which could care less. All in all I have a lot to offer and I am willing to pass that knowledge along. I hope I can be a source of light and guidance to any of you that are getting ready to make your next big appliance purchase. So enough ranting and raving - let's get to some reviews!!!

If at anytime you have a particular model or models you'd like reviewed send in your request and I'll get on it!

comments

3 Responses to "And it Begins"
  1. Doug Lim said...
    April 28, 2009 at 5:31 PM

    Hi Appliance Guru...I had a question on an older Bosch wall oven (HBL5045AUC). I have the chance to pick it up for just under $600 - brand new in the box (not a display). I guess it was just old stock as the dealer has a few still. Do you think it's worth it, or should I look at other stuff in that price range?

  2. MM said...
    April 28, 2009 at 6:17 PM

    I'd love to know what you think about GE monogram ranges, what dishwasher you would recommend, home ice makers, microwave drawers, etc. Any info is appreciated!

  3. Unknown said...
    April 29, 2009 at 6:35 AM

    This is just the blog I've been looking for!

    We're replacing some of our appliances as part of a kitchen refresh/remodel. The ones we're replacing are 19 years old. One of the main requirements is that they either be panel-ready (for the fridges) or black. We have no stainless steel, nor do we want any.

    For the oven, we're looking at the Electrolux double in either 27" (if we don't move a wall) or 30" if we do.
    For the cooktop on the island, we'll likely replace our KitchenAid glass-top gas cooktop with their current model, although it looks like cooktops from Bosch, GE, JennAir and Miele would work, too (we have a drawer 4" below the countertop that we want to keep).
    We currently have a KA downdraft (no popup) that doesn't do much. We thought about replacing it with an overhead island hood, but between the expense (remember - no stainless), and the view blocking, we don't think we'd like it. We're looking at the Dacor PRV36B downdraft with the 600 CFM external blower for this replacement.
    We currently have a 36" SubZero with the freezer underneath. We have an additional old side by side in the pantry. We're thinking of replacing the SZ with a 36" all-fridge, and the pantry fridge with an all-freezer. The SZ replacement needs to be a panel-ready built in. The SZ BI36 is currently at the top of the list, but have Northland, Viking and Miele on the list. We'd like the freezer to be a built-in panel ready as well (looking at Northland, Bosch, others) around 15 cu ft, but if budget demands, we may drop back to a free standing (it will take up more space, however).
    We're also looking for the largest, most-powerfull microwave that can be built into a 24" cabinet.
    Our dishwasher is only a few years old, and we're keeping that.
    That's our full list unless you're doing plumbing fixtures too - we're looking for faucets, sinks, and undercounter water filtration plus hot and cold.
    Would love to get your advice on any or all of the above.
    Thanks!
    HG

Post a Comment

 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved